Guide to Dining
Welcome to your Guide to Dining
Here at Bowie State University, we offer a program that meets the needs of today’s student. Each year you will experience exciting changes, fresh menus, and new enhancements to your dining program. These changes are a result of the feedback and input of many students and staff members.
Dining Hall Meal Plan Info and Policies
Information on meal plans can be found at the link below.
Food Service Committee
The Food Service Committee, which is comprised of the Food Service Manager, Manager of Campus Operations, the Vice President for Student Services, and student representatives, welcomes your comments and suggestions concerning food service.
If you have any ideas about the Dining Hall or Meal Options, you may contact a committee member, drop a note in the suggestion box,email us a comment, or speak to the Food Service Director.
If you are interested in being a member of the committee contact the Food Service Director.
This is YOUR dining service and we are here to serve you! We appreciate your input and feedback to better meet your needs. You can make your voice heard through comment cards or just introduce yourself and tell us what you think.
Special Dietary Needs
Bowie State’s dining program and a Registered Dietitian (R.D.) will work with parents, school nurses, teachers, and health care providers to help manage student’s food allergies and special diets by:
- Working with physicians, dietitians, or qualified nutrition specialists to manage dietary substitutions.
- Knowing where emergency medications are stored and knowing how they should be administered in case a student has an allergic reaction.
- Reviewing menus with parents or students who have food allergies to determine what, if any, menu items need to be substituted.
Meals On The Go
If a required school activity prohibits you from attending a meal(s), we will pack a meal(s) for you. Please have your department head or coach request your needs at least 24 hours in advance with the Food Service Director. ID will be needed when an order is picked up.
We understand that there is nothing more miserable than being ill and unable to make it to meals.
If you are too ill to attend class or come to the Dining Room, you should obtain a special dietary request form from the Food Service DIrector. When the form is presented to a member of the dining services team, along with your ID card, a take-out box will be provided.
We have a wealth of resources available to our guests, including the expert guidance of a registered dietitian. Arrangements can be made for individual consultations concerning any dietary need, such as sports nutrition, weight control, food allergies, or medically prescribed diets.
Lost Card Policy
You must present your ID card to the cashier each time you enter the Dining Hall. Please do not ask the cashier to admit you without your ID card. If you lose your ID card, you MUST purchase a new one. Replacement cards can be requested and picked up in the Bowie Bulldog Card Office.
Your understanding and observation of the following regulations will guarantee smooth, efficient operation of the Dining Hall.
- Students must obey the University personal appearance regulations while in the Dining Hall.
- Shoes and shirts must be worn at all times.
- You are not permitted to take food from the Dining Hall.
- To avoid waste, you should choose one entrée when entering the served lines. More entrees are available for seconds.
- After dining, please return trays to the dish return and leave your table and chairs neat and clean.
- Please behave courteously at all times.
- You will not be granted credit for any meals missed.
Dining Hall personnel reserve the right to dismiss or suspend you from the dining area for inappropriate behavior.
Trouble opening the document?
Many of our documents require adobe reader. Download it for free below.